Welcome to the Virginia Conference United Methodist Men!
God loves you! Our conference men's ministry is the largest and has the most charters in the country. It's great to be a Methodist Man, especially in Virginia!
Our Vision Statement:
Men Building God's Kingdom led by the Holy Spirit in Christian Fellowship
Need Prayer? Click here:
General Conference UMM Web Site
Our 2017-2020 Goals with time frames and responsible parties:
- In support of our District Superintendents, re-establish District Level UMM organizations in six Districts and strengthen them in the other ten using partnerships and by nurturing our “mustard seeds” (strong, faith-filled fellowships and clusters) (2 years; President, VP for Membership) Prepare and equip (train) men for service:
- Continually and remotely train new fellowship and District level officers using GCUMM and Lay Servant Academy electronic resources (2 years; VP for Membership).
- Mentoring our replacements and building our team by going out two by two to ensure our leadership is prepared and not overworked (1 year; all).
- Encourage and model Men’s Bible studies and daily prayer at all fellowships-We will be Spirit fed and led! (3 years; primarily fellowships through District Presidents).
- Regularly conduct events that are project rather than program oriented to attract Late Boomers, Gen Xers and Millennials (at least 33% within 2 years; primarily fellowships through District Presidents).
- Mentor and be mentored by all generations, integrating all men into servant leadership and fellowship in God’s Kingdom (increase proportion of men under 50 in leadership to 25% (4 years; all)
- Increase enrollment in Wesleyan Building Brothers leadership training and Men’s Ministry training by 25% (4 years; Wesleyan Building Brothers Team)
- Use “elbow activities” to reach new men and their families:
- Establish fifteen new scout troops conference-wide (1 year; Scouting Advocate)
- Introduce ourselves to one new person every week while being prepared to share our witness (1 year; all).
- Connect with other Conference agencies and boards to leverage and multiply our ministries and build lasting, productive relationships:
- Preventing Domestic Violence initiative jointly w/ UMW (2 years; President w/ 2 District Presidents)
- Increase Chartering and Every Man Shares membership by ten percent (2 years; VP for Membership and District Presidents)
- Revitalize service to Heart Havens, Prison/Jail Ministry, Hunger Relief, Camp Rainbow, Wesleyan Building Brothers, All God’s Children, Scouting, Prayer Advocacy, etc., increasing UMM participation by 20% (4 years; Ministry advocates)
- Holy Spirit led Christian Fellowship:
- Revitalize our annual spiritual weekend and our annual leadership meeting focusing on attracting new men (20% increase over 2 years; President, VP for Membership, VP for Spiritual Life).
- Assign sixteen men to be prayer advocates for their Districts (2 years; Prayer Advocate).
Dali's Last Supper
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:17 (NIV)